You are currently in Archive View Mode. You are now vieweing the call titled: Art As Medicine Group Art Show, which ended on 12/18/16, 8:00 PM. All call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
Art As Medicine (Fresh A.I.R. Group Art Exhibit #3)
The 3rd Fresh A.I.R. group art exhibit, entitled "Art As Medicine", will be hosted by Boulder, Colorado’s Dairy Arts Center from January 13th to February 26, 2017. The acronym A.I.R. stands for “Artist In Recovery.” Fresh A.I.R. Shows celebrate the power of art to heal and/or cope with overcoming chronic depression, alcohol/drug addiction, trauma/PTSD, grief, severe illness, and more. Previous Fresh A.I.R. exhibitions were held at the Firehouse Art Gallery, Longmont, CO and the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), Boulder, CO.
Artists ages 18 and older who have personally experienced “healing through art” are invited to submit up to six (6) pieces of art in any visual art medium for consideration. Art that is submitted need not relate directly to the artist’s healing process, although submission of art on this theme is strongly encouraged. Each artist must submit an ARTIST'S STATEMENT (limit 250 words max.) of the role that making art has had in their healing or recovery process. These statements will be included in the exhibit to accompany your artwork and may influence your acceptance into the show.
Awards and cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be made at the exhibition’s evening Opening Reception on January 27th, 2017 at the Dairy Arts Center.
This is a juried exhibition – submitting art is not a guarantee of its acceptance.
Call for Entries ~ Visual Art
• FEES: $20 for the first piece of art submitted, plus $5 for each additional piece (up to 6 entries max).
• ELIGIBILITY: This call is open to any artist 18 years of age or older, living within the United States and who have experienced healing through creating art.
• MEDIUMS ACCEPTED: All visual art mediums will be considered (works on paper/canvas, photography, sculpture, collage, etc.). Art containing nudity and/or provocative images or content will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The Dairy Arts Center is an all-ages facility and reserves the right to exclude artworks from exhibitions shown in its galleries that may be deemed offensive or inappropriate.
• SIZE: 2D artworks must be no larger than 48 inches on any one side. 3D artworks must weigh no more than 100 pounds and fall within the following size criteria: maximum height 6 feet, maximum width X depth = 9 square feet.
• APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: Up until December 15, 2016 at 11:59 pm MST. Applications may be made through ArtCall.org only. The direct link to the application is https://artasmedicine.artcall.org
• ARTIST'S STATEMENT INCLUSION: The Statement is a important part of your submittal and your "story" may effect your chances for entry. If you need to keep your anonymity, please contact Mike Hamers at email@example.com to discuss a procedure. OTHERWISE, please either type in the appropriate text box – OR– first perfect your statement in MicrosoftWord with it's spellcheck and wordcount functions. Once ready, copy and paste it into the appropriate text box. It is located on the same panel where you will enter a works name, dimensions, medium, and price, etc., (it's right below price).
• ANONYMITY: Artists whose work is selected and displayed in this exhibition may choose to remain anonymous to the public. This decision is strictly up to the individual artist and will be respected by Fresh A.I.R., its representatives and partners. Artists’ names, addresses and other contact information must be disclosed with the application for administrative purposes, but will remain anonymous to non-administrative persons at the request of the artist. Artists whose work is selected for inclusion in the exhibit will be given the option to remain anonymous when they are notified of acceptance.
— Michael Franklin, PhD, Professor | Chair, Graduate Art Therapy Program, Naropa University, Boulder, Colorado
— Rebecca Cuscaden, Curator of Visual Art, Dairy Arts Center, Boulder, Colorado
— Mary Horrocks, Artist, Independent Curator, Boulder, Colorado
+ Awards Juror: Cindy Sepucha, Artist, Executive Director, Open Studios, Boulder, Colorado
• ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: by December 21, 2016 by email.
• DELIVERY OF ART: between January 4th and the 9th, 2017. Specific delivery/shipping requirements will be provided at time of acceptance notification.
• EXHIBITION / LOAN: All artwork will be handled with the utmost care and protection, but Fresh A.I.R., its representatives or partners, will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any entry whatsoever the cause before, during or after the exhibit. Artists should carry their own insurance.
• PHOTOGRAPHY & PROMOTION: Fresh A.I.R. reserves the right to photograph the work for publicity purposes. Artists’ image(s) submitted for application may be used to publicize the exhibition. At intake (delivery of works) submitting artists will be required to fill out an Image Release form. Shipped art must be accompanied by a signed Image Release Form. This form will be provided at time of acceptance notification.
• DELIVERY OF ARTWORKS: The submitting artist is responsible for physical delivery or shipment of artwork in a timely manner. Artists must provide paid return shipping labels with artworks shipped to the Dairy Arts Center.
• SALES: Artworks may by offered for sale OR may be listed as Not For Sale (NFS). If sold through the Fresh A.I.R. exhibition, the Dairy Arts Center will retain a 40% commission for art sold.
Copyright © Fresh A.I.R. Shows: Artists In Recovery, Mike Hamers, Boulder, CO • 303-527-1222 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions?! Contact Mike Hamers at 303-527-1222 or at email@example.com